After 5+ years at Raven, an SEO platform for marketers, I had done everything from customer support, affiliate marketing, social media marketing, SEO education, and content marketing. After I was laid off I took the opportunity to think about what I wanted in a career: I wanted to hurt from how much I was learning every day. I learned marketing was just my side quest and software development was my mission.
After 6 months at Nashville Software School and 7 months at LunarLincoln I was hired back by Raven as a software engineer. (Raven is now a proud product of TapClicks.) It turns out my winding path to software development has served me well. Putting a customer's needs first comes naturally after working at Nashville software companies for more than 8 years.
While at Belmont I collected audio and wrote 50 stories for NPR.
NSS is a full-time intensive software development bootcamp. The last half of my 6-month track included multiple team sprints using test-driven development and agile methodologies.
Contributions at Nashville Software School
• Created a website that visualizes changes in board games rankings (tabletoptracker.com)
• Built multiple Angular web applications
• Built projects in Python and Django
• Built RESTful APIs with Django REST Framework
• Managed version control with daily use of Git
• Deployed a Node web crawler to Heroku
• Worked with D3, Google Charts, and Firebase
• Designed ERDs, built databases, and queried data with SQLite
January 2018 - Present
February 2011 - July 2016
While at Raven, I did everything from customer support, social media marketing, affiliate marketing, content marketing, speaking, writing about SEO, and creating websites using Zurb Foundation.
February 2008 - February 2011
As the Director of Technical Support at Sitemason, I managed the needs of 500+ clients by troubleshooting DNS, hosting, email, and content management issues.
2004 - 2010
I founded a web design company called Diving Board in college. Most projects started with Photoshop mock-ups and were built in PHP or HTML.
April 2017 - November 2017
Contributions at LunarLincoln
• Contributed over 200,000 lines of code across 17 repositories
• Regularly shipped App Store updates
• Converted codebases from Swift 2 to Swift
• Frequent work with Auto Layout, APIs, persisting data, custom tables, and MVC
• Daily reviewed code and followed the GitFlow branching pattern.
Here are are my primary programming languages in order of competency.